Everything you need to know about our plug-in install, setup steps, configuration and usage of various features
No time to read online docs? Download Adobe PDF to read offline
v3.0.0 - 2022-April-25
Thank you for your interest towards our Editor & Librarian software.
We built our Access Virus Editor to control ANY Access Virus model over MIDI or USB. Modern synths come up with an integration tool to hook your synth into DAW and we wanted to give this same opportunity to you as well. Connect MIDI input & output, Audio jack cables to mixing console / sound card and fire up your DAW to get started!
Virus Editor User Manual contains instructions to get the application and plug-in installed and configured. Please read this manual through carefully.
Our company & product has nothing to do with Access Music GmbH.
If there is an issue with our product, open a support ticket in your account page.
You can find support details at the end of this document.
Support and updates are free for life to anyone who has bought the license from our store
What this product CAN do?
- Control your Access Virus synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Connect your Virus to your DAW with MIDI or USB.
- Connect your Virus TI with USB to latest macOS environments. (MIDI and Audio).
- Load Native AAX, AudioUnit, VST2 or VST3 plug-in to your favorite Host. (64-bit only).
- Select your Virus model from the application or plug-in interface to see what you can and cannot edit.
- Select your desired skin theme from the plug-in / application to match your hardware.
- Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from single plug-in instance or standalone application.
- All 16 parts of the synthesizer available in single instance for quick and painless editing.
- All multi parameters are available to edit as well.
- Automate almost every parameter from your favorite DAW.
- No more sticky notes for MIDI CC numbers.
- Layer multiple parts to create massive sounds.
- Copy and paste data between layers.
- Changes made in the hardware are reflected in the software and vice versa.
- Plug-in and application display shows which parameter is changing with hardware values, i.e., EQ frequencies are shown in Hz.
- Randomize patch values. Use section locks to lock certain areas, i.e., Oscillators from being randomized.
- Adjust Randomizer “strength”.
- Save and Load data from the User Interface for later use.
- Learn MIDI CC from your external controller and save the MIDI CC mapping file in your HDD.
- Play hardware sounds with computer keyboard when Keyboard view is toggled on.
- Solo or Mute parts individually right from the plugin / application.
- Total Recall function will send the data saved in the project to your hardware once the project is opened. No more need to store hardware data in the actual unit.
- Resize the application / plug-in window from the lower right corner to your needs.
- Advanced MIDI Settings allows you to filter unwanted messages.
- Total Recall function will send the data saved in the project to your hardware once the project is opened. No longer mandatory to store hardware data in the actual unit.
- Browse 1000’s of banks from the Librarian view.
(we included Virus factory banks to get you started – download / purchase more yourself).
- Send single patches from Librarian to active hardware parts with double click.
- Send patches or multis to hardware from upper or lower list view.
- Store single patch banks or multi data from Librarian to hardware or HDD.
- Request single patch or multi bank data from hardware to Librarian, one at the time or whole bank at once.
- Save banks to HDD in Standard MIDI format, VHC format or Virus Powercore compatible Standard MIDI format.
- Import banks to librarian in Standard MIDI format, System Exclusive or VHC format.
- Rename patches or multis in Librarian window.
- Reorganize patches or multis in Librarian view with drag and drop or with copy and paste.
- Use lower bank view to display search results.
- Use lower bank view to display category filtered results.
- If total recall fails but the data is in the User Interface, reconnect the MIDI ports and click “Push Data to HW” to send the current values in hardware.
- Our product can check for updates automatically if your computer is connected to internet.
What this product CANNOT do?
- Transmit AUDIO. Audio must be routed with Audio Jack cables from the hardware to your console inputs or sound card inputs. macOS users can use USB connection to transmit Audio and MIDI from Virus TI to your DAW.
- Generate any audio. This product is an Editor for Access Virus Synthesizers.
- Access Virus synthesizer (all models supported with latest OS).
- Access Virus A Desktop
- Access Virus B Desktop, Access Virus KB, Access Virus Indigo
- Access Virus Rack
- Access Virus C Desktop, Access Virus KC, Access Virus Indigo II
- Access Virus Rack XL
- Access Virus TI Desktop, Access Virus TI Keyboard, Access Virus TI Pølar (mk1 and 2)
- Access Virus TI Snow
- MIDI Interface that can handle System Exclusive messages. Cheap USB-MIDI cables does not work. ESI MIDIMATE EX is known to work on macOS and Windows platforms.
- macOS 10.12 or greater with 64-bit AAX, AudioUnit, VST2 or VST3 host application.
Standalone Application works without host application.
- Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Windows XP or greater with 64-bit AAX, VST2 or VST3 host application.
Standalone Application works without host application.
- At least FULL HD resolution on your display.
Available plug-in formats
Currently supported host applications
- Ableton Live
- Apple Logic
- Bitwig Studio
- Cockos Reaper
- Image Line Fruity Loops
- Presonus Studio One
- Reason Studio Reason
- Steinberg Cubase
- MOTU Digital Performer
- AVID Pro Tools
- Universal Audio Luna
We haven’t tested other hosts, but if your host can load the plug-in formats mentioned above, you shouldn’t have any issues loading our plug-in.
If there is an error with the plug-in on your host, let us know and we will make it work.
Parameter differences between models
Select your Model from the “top bar” of the user interface to access parameters which are available for your hardware model. Some parameters are grayed out based on the selection made. I.e., reverb parameters on Effect 2 tab are available for Virus TI and Virus TI Snow users only.
Model setting is only stored with Save UI Data function or when the host project is stored.
This is because there are many users with different setups, i.e., we have 3 different virus models and we know some of our customers have 5 or more different virus models.
Once you load the application or plug-in, set your model, skin and midi i/o as a starting point!
Downloading the product demo or updater
Anyone can download the demo version of our product and test it out, but only registered customers are entitled to download the free updater for their purchase. If you have purchased our product through another website and you have issues regarding to your account, contact us and our staff will attempt to reply within few hours.
User interface will show your product status in the upper right corner:
- DEMO version will indicate ** DEMO VERSION **
- Unregistered FULL version will indicate RELOAD LICENSE
- Registered FULL version will indicate REGISTERED
You can find instructions for plug-in registration further below.
Note #1: Always keep back-up of the downloaded installer at your own HDD. We are not storing old installers in our servers!
This is important if something goes wrong with the update, you have an installer in your personal storage to rescue your project if it really screws something up!
IMPORTANT NOTE PRIOR TO INSTALL:
Please make sure you make a proper backup of your Virus before you run the installer. We will not take any responsibility for your synth, and you have to agree to this when buying our product.
You can back up your Virus easily with these simple steps:
- Open your DAW and insert empty MIDI track.
- Make sure MIDI messages are allowed to come through from Virus.
- Hit record from your DAW.
- From Virus:
- Since all Virus model generations are different, we cannot provide the information here. Instead:
You can read more about the SysEx dump from the Access Virus user manual.
DOCUMENTS AND DATA LOCATIONS
If you have overwritten any of the included plug-in sound banks with a previous version of the plug-in, it is worth renaming those sound banks in order to prevent data overwrite once plug-in updater is executed.
Plug-in / Application data / license folder is:
[macOS] ~/Music/AURA Plugins/Access Virus Editor/ [Windows] ~\Music\AURA Plugins\Access Virus Editor
Plug-in / Application User Guides located in:
[macOS] Macintosh HD/Library/AURA Plugins/User Guides/ [Windows] C:\ProgramData\AURA Plugins\User Guides
- Parameters cannot be automated from your DAW.
- Parameter MIDI CC Mapping is disabled.
- Total Recall is disabled.
- UI Data cannot be saved or loaded.
- MIDI CC Mapping Data cannot be saved or loaded.
- Librarian Bank Edits cannot be saved.
- Librarian “Store Data to Hardware” is disabled.
- Demo cannot be registered.
Download the demo and run the installer. After you have installed the plug-in / application, open your DAW and let your host do the plug-in scan – If the scan fails, try again. If it simply won’t pass, send us the crash report.
Here is how we can quickly check what happened and why:
- Copy the error message / crash report content to a new text file and send it to us.
- ell us how we can reproduce the issue on our end.
You can send the error report with instructions to us via our tickets page.
You can also find some solutions from the Troubleshooting section too.
You can download user manuals to your HDD. These manuals are included with the installer as well.
Access Virus Editor User Manual – Complete
Access Virus Editor User Manual – Hardware Configuration
Access Virus Editor User Manual – USB Audio Guide (macOS only)
Access Virus Editor User Manual – Patch Librarian