Everything you need to know about our plug-in install, setup steps, configuration and usage of various features
for Roland JP-80x0 Editor & Librarian plug-in by Mystery Islands Music
v2.6.0 - 2020-03-17
Roland JP-80x0 User Manual
First of all, thank you for your interest towards our Editor & Librarian plug-in.
Our Roland JP-80×0 was built to control your Roland JP-8000 or JP-8080 over MIDI. Most of the modern synths come up with an integration tools to hook your synth into DAW and we wanted to give this same opportunity to you as well. Connect MIDI input & output, Audio jack cables to mixing console / soundcard and fire up your DAW to get started!
JP-80×0 User Manual contains instructions to get the plug-in installed and how to use it, so please read this manual through carefully.
Support and plug-in updates are free for life to anyone who has bought the license from our store
What this plug-in CAN do?
- Connect your Roland JP-8000 and / or JP-8080 directly with your DAW using MIDI.
- Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from our plug-in.
- Automate almost every parameter in your DAW.
- Plug-in user interface reacts to hardware knob & buttons movements.
- Edit both layers from the plug-in individually or link layers together.
- You can request through JP’s User, Preset and Memory Card** data within the plug-in librarian.
- You can send the patches from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp memory buffer OR you can write user memory slots through our plug-in.
- JP-8000 incompatible parameters marked with **.
- Knob & button values are sent to hardware.
- View & edit performance name in plug-in interface .
- Request current patch from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all patches from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected patch from librarian to hardware.
- Store current patch bank from librarian to hardware.
- Request temp performance data to librarian.
- Request current performance from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all performance data from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected performance data from librarian to hardware.
- Store current performance bank from librarian to hardware.
- Load any midi / sysex patch or performance bank to librarian.
- Browse performance & patch banks within plugin librarian.
- Load currently selected performance data to plugin memory.
- Load currently selected performance bank to plugin memory.
- Load selected single patch to selected performance slot (upper / lower).
- Software stores last used performance data with plug-in to it’s memory.
- Software loads last used performance data with project load and sends it to hardware.
- Organize performance data in librarian and save a new performance bank to hard drive.
- Organize patch data in librarian and save a new patch bank to hard drive
- Send performance data to hardware from plugin by using white user interface buttons.
- Request performance data from selected bank to plugin white buttons memory (8×8=64 slots).
- Option to scroll thru hardware programs without sending performance / patch data to hardware.
- View & edit upper / lower part patch name.
- View & edit upper / lower part velocity sensitivity levels.
- View & edit upper / lower part control assign sensitivity levels.
- More knobs & buttons now reacts to hardware knob / button movements.
- Select performance midi channel.
- Select remote kbd midi channel.
- Randomize either layer or both!
What this plug-in can NOT do?
- Transmit any audio.
- Generate any audio.
- Mac or PC based computer with AudioUnit or VST host application (see list below).
- MIDI device with direct MIDI IN / OUT connection to your synth. Do not use MIDI Thru connections!
- Roland JP-8000 or Roland JP-8080 Synthesizer.
Currently supported plugin formats
- AudioUnit for macOS 10.6 - Mojave.
- VST for macOS 10.6 - Mojave.
- VST for Windows XP or greater.
All our plug-ins are available in 32- and 64-bit formats.
Currently supported AudioUnit / VST hosts
- Ableton Live
- Apple Logic
- Bitwig Studio
- Cockos Reaper
- Image Line Fruity Loops
- Presonus Studio One
- Reason Studios Reason
- Steinberg Cubase
- AVID ProTools via VST bridge (some users have it working!)
- MOTU Digital Performer (some users have it working!)
Other hosts are reported to work as well, try the demo today and see if it works for you.
There are links, tips and tutorials below, which will guide you to get this plug-in up and running with your desired host.
Parameter differences between models
Parameters which are not available for JP-8000, are marked with ** in menus. Some parameters may not react to hardware and vice versa, until the model is selected from the plug-in user interface.
Downloading the plug-in demo or updater
Anyone can download the demo version of our plug-ins and test them out, but only registered customers are entitled to download the free updater for their purchase. If you have purchased our plug-in through another website and you have issues regarding to your account, contact us via https://www.mysteryislands-music.com and we will reply within few business days.
DEMO downloads: https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/product/roland-jp-80×0/
FULL downloads: https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/
Plug-in interface will show your plug-in status below the JP-80×0 logo in the top left corner:
- DEMO version will indicate ** DEMO VERSION **
- Unregistered FULL version will indicate RELOAD LICENSE
- Registered FULL version will indicate REGISTERED
You can find instructions for plug-in registration further below.
Note #1: Always keep back-up of the downloaded installer at your own HDD. We are not storing old installers in our servers! This is important if something goes wrong with the update, you have an installer in your personal storage to rescue your project if it really screws something up!
IMPORTANT NOTE PRIOR TO INSTALL:
Please make sure you make a proper backup of your JP-8000 / JP-8080 before you run the installer. We will not take any responsibility for your synth and you have to agree to this when buying our product.
You can backup your JP easily with these simple steps:
- Open your DAW and insert empty MIDI track
- Make sure MIDI messages are allowed to come through from JP
- Hit record from your DAW
- From JP:
- Edit (shift) & 7 (init/util) -> Bulk Dump -> All ->hit Write
- Wait until all of the data has been received
You can read more about the SysEx dump from the Roland JP-8000 or JP-8080 user manual.
Documents & Data locations
If you have overwritten any of the included plug-in sound banks with a previous version of the plug-in, it is worth renaming those sound banks in order to prevent data overwrite once plug-in updater is executed.
Plug-in data / documents folder is:
[macOS] /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/Roland JP-80x0 Editor/ [Windows] \Users(your username)\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Roland JP-80x0 Editor
Plug-in Sound Bank folder is:
[macOS] /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/Roland JP-80x0 Editor/Patches/ [Windows] \Users(your username)\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Roland JP-80x0 Editor\Patches
- Not possible to register.
- Not possible to automate in DAW.
- Not possible to save settings with your project.
- Not possible to use all features of the librarian.
- Total Recall does not work when re-opening project.
Download the demo and run the installer. After you have installed the plug-in, open your DAW and let your host do the plug-in scan – If the scan fails, try again. If it simply won’t pass, send us the crash report.
Copy the error log message and head down to our tickets page. Create a new text file with the error message and save it to your HDD. Copy the plug-in log file and zip the two files in one and attach the zipped file to the ticket.
You can also find some solutions from the Troubleshooting section too.