Everything you need to know about our plug-in install, setup steps, configuration and usage of various features
for Waldorf Pulse2X Editor & Librarian plug-in by Mystery Islands Music
v1.0.1 - 2020-03-30
Waldorf Pulse2X User Manual
Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF format
First of all, thank you for your interest towards our Editor & Librarian plug-in.
Our Waldorf Pulse2X was built to control your Waldorf Pulse2 over MIDI or USB. Most of the modern synths come up with an integration tools to hook your synth into DAW and we wanted to give this same opportunity to you as well. Connect MIDI input & output, Audio jack cables to mixing console / soundcard and fire up your DAW to get started!
Pulse2X User Manual contains instructions to get the plug-in installed and how to use it, so please read this manual through carefully.
Our company & plug-in has nothing to do with Waldorf company, so please don’t bug them if you encounter issues with the plug-in – open a support ticket in your account page in such case. You can find support details at the end of this document.
Support and plug-in updates are free for life to anyone who has bought the license from our store
What this plug-in CAN do?
- Control your Waldorf Pulse 2 hardware synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from single Pulse2X plug-in instance.
- We added a bit more than 200 parameters to the plugin, so the sound editing should be painless and quick task.
- Automate almost every CC parameter in your DAW.
- Easier to handle automations than trying to remember hundreds of #CC’s.
- Adjust levels, panning and such from the plugin.
- Parameters that are available for automation will be listed on your DAW. (Ableton Live and other DAWs sees our parameters, when parameter is touched).
- Total Recall of the sounds used when loading project containing our plug-in.
- All of the current parameters from the plugin will be sent to the hardwares temp memory up on project reload!
- Time saver when thinking about storing, naming and loading data from multiple hardwares per project.
- Plugin reacts to hardware knob movements and displays knob, menu and button values within the plugin display.
- Store Entire Bank to your Pulse 2 from the librarian.
- Store patches to your Pulse 2 from the librarian.
- Request entire bank from your Pulse 2 to the librarian.
- Request patches from your Pulse 2 to the librarian.
- Store requested or modified bank data to your own library (on your HDD).
- View & edit patch name in plug-in interface.
- View & edit category name in plug-in interface.
- Librarian supports MIDI and SysEx soundset formats across all Pulse 2, Pulse+ / Pulse models.
- Select next or previous librarian patch from hardware.
- Select next or previous hardware patch from librarian.
- Move patches from one bank to another and save as you like.
- You can send patches from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp memory buffer OR you can write user memory slots through our plug-in.
- Download and import all of the Pulse 2 / Pulse+ / Pulse series soundsets in one folder for quick access through the plugin.
- Import Single patches (Pulse 2 / Pulse 1) into the Librarian.
- Each patch can have its name and category set.
What this plug-in can NOT do?
- Transmit any audio.
- Generate any audio.
- Waldorf Pulse 2 hardware synth (2nd generation).
Waldorf Pulse 2
- MIDI interface (cheap interfaces & some RME MIDI ports will not work).
- macOS 10.6 or later with AudioUnit or VST host.
- Windows XP or later with VSTi 2.4 compliant host.
- at least 1500×757 pixel resolution on your display.
Currently supported plugin formats
- AudioUnit for macOS 10.6 - Mojave.
- VST for macOS 10.6 - Mojave.
- VST for Windows XP or greater.
All our plug-ins are available in 32- and 64-bit formats.
Currently supported AudioUnit / VST hosts
- Ableton Live
- Apple Logic
- Bitwig Studio
- Cockos Reaper
- Image Line Fruity Loops
- Presonus Studio One
- Reason Studios Reason
- Steinberg Cubase
- AVID ProTools via VST bridge (some users have it working!)
- MOTU Digital Performer (some users have it working!)
Other hosts are reported to work as well, try the demo today and see if it works for you.
There are links, tips and tutorials below, which will guide you to get this plug-in up and running with your desired host.
Downloading the plug-in demo or updater
Anyone can download the demo version of our plug-ins and test them out, but only registered customers are entitled to download the free updater for their purchase. If you have purchased our plug-in through another website and you have issues regarding to your account, contact us via https://www.mysteryislands-music.com and we will reply within few business days.
DEMO downloads: https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/product/waldorf-pulse2x/
FULL downloads: https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/
Plug-in interface will show your plug-in status in the top left corner:
- DEMO version will indicate ** DEMO VERSION **
- Unregistered FULL version will indicate RELOAD LICENSE
- Registered FULL version will indicate REGISTERED
You can find instructions for plug-in registration further below.
Note #1: Always keep back-up of the downloaded installer at your own HDD. We are not storing old installers in our servers! This is important if something goes wrong with the update, you have an installer in your personal storage to rescue your project if it really screws something up!
IMPORTANT NOTE PRIOR TO INSTALL:
Please make sure you make a proper backup of your Pulse 2 before you run the installer. We will not take any responsibility for your synth and you have to agree to this when buying our product.
You can backup your Pulse 2 easily with these simple steps:
- Open your DAW and insert empty MIDI track
- Make sure MIDI messages are allowed to come through from Pulse 2
- Hit record from your DAW
- From Pulse 2:
- (shift) + Utility -> Dump All Sounds -> (shift) + Utility again
- Wait until all of the data has been received
You can read more about the SysEx dump from the Waldorf Pulse 2 user manual.
Data / Documents / Soundset locations
If you have overwritten any of the included plug-in sound banks with a previous version of the plug-in, it is worth renaming those sound banks in order to prevent data overwrite once plug-in updater is executed.
Plug-in data / documents folder is:
[macOS] /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/Waldorf Pulse2X Editor/ [Windows] \Users\(your username)\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Waldorf Pulse2X Editor
Plug-in Sound Bank folder is:
[macOS] /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/Waldorf Pulse2X Editor/Patches/ [Windows] \Users\(your username)\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Waldorf Pulse2X Editor\Patches
- Parameters cannot be automated from your DAW.
- Parameter MIDI CC Mapping is disabled.
- Total Recall is disabled.
- UI Data cannot be saved or loaded.
- MIDI CC Mapping Data cannot be saved or loaded.
- Librarian Bank Edits cannot be saved.
- Librarian “Store Data to Hardware” is disabled.
- Demo cannot be registered.
Download the demo and run the installer. After you have installed the plug-in / application, open your DAW and let your host do the plug-in scan – If the scan fails, try again. If it simply won’t pass, send us the crash report.
Here is how we can quickly check what happened and why:
- Copy the error message / crash report content to a new text file and send it to us.
- Tell us how we can reproduce the issue on our end.
You can send the error report with instructions to us via our tickets page.
You can also find some solutions from the Troubleshooting section too.